Red Light Therapy is a safe and natural process that requires no needles, surgery or lasers. It has many benefits to the skin by naturally slowing down the aging process and improving skin tone.
When talking about collagen lamps being used for anti-aging purposes in a tanning salon, we’re referring to visible red light that is UV-free. At a wavelength of 620 to 700nm, the red light of collagen lamps penetrates human tissue to a depth of about 8-10 mm. Skin layers, because of their high blood and water content, easily absorb red light. This process is extremely beneficial in treating problems close to the surface of the skin such as wrinkles, age spots, broken capillaries, wounds, cuts or scars. Collagen lamps simply promote collagen production for plumper, more youthful looking skin.
Some other benefits of red light therapy include:
- Smoothing and reducing wrinkles and fine lines
- Firming aged and tired skin
- Advancing moisture retention
- Providing more consistent skin coloration and complexion
- Increasing circulation due to increased formation of new capillaries
- Promoting oxygenation and restoration of the skin’s natural cellular activity, which keeps the skin renewed and fresh